Author Topic: CB 2009  (Read 135809 times)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: CB 2009
« Reply #175 on: February 24, 2009, 08:24:12 PM »
I've been seing a lot of this lately where members are suggesting things but wanting others to do the hard work, why not step forward and try and do something productive about it yourself insted?

DK if you honestly think that what you are suggesting may actually happen then perhaps you need to do your research and get in touch with the people who have the authority to make these decisions and ask them whether what you are saying can be done or not.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #176 on: February 24, 2009, 10:06:16 PM »
London this year next year Norwich  :Claugh: and tomorrow the world (oops thats my secret plan forget I said that or I will have to Kill you all  :Claugh:)

I suggested a treasure hunt to Spud to keep the bockers apart at Norwich as the space was tight might be an idea for London as a bit of fun Jelly

Maybe a pic of a trick at each location as you find them we could work in teams of 10 or so (that should start some arguments can I pick the teams  :Claugh:)

First team ET, Sprog, Nero, DK, Aidan, Spud, Naz, Toddy, Me (on camera) and Clive (to defend me)  :Claugh:

Actually forget the treasure hunt we'll just watch the fight on bocks  :Claugh:

Only joking Guys I love you all really  :Cwink:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Dark Knight

« Reply #177 on: February 24, 2009, 10:17:45 PM »
Maybe a pic of a trick at each location as you find them we could work in teams of 10 or so (that should start some arguments can I pick the teams  :Claugh:)

First team ET, Sprog, Nero, DK, Aidan, Spud, Naz, Toddy, Me (on camera) and Clive (to defend me)  :Claugh:

Now your just being silly .... Naz on stilts
And face-2-face who'd dare take me on ?

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2009, 10:31:32 PM »
DK if you honestly think that what you are suggesting may actually happen then perhaps you need to do your research and get in touch with the people who have the authority to make these decisions and ask them whether what you are saying can be done or not.

Avoided answering that didnt you DK!

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2009, 10:39:08 PM »
I suggested a treasure hunt to Spud to keep the bockers apart at Norwich as the space was tight might be an idea for London as a bit of fun Jelly

well isnt that the best drinking group you will ever see
apart from spud, ill pay for her beer (cheep night for me :Claugh:)

Dark Knight

« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2009, 10:41:52 PM »

Untill minuets ago I was going to check with my contacts and see what I could do !?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2009, 10:51:33 PM »
What are you implying!!!  :Ctwitcy:

@Jason..treasure hunt hell yeah, I like the bocking pics idea. But yeah! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT  :Ctwitcy:

Untill minuets ago I was going to check with my contacts and see what I could do !?
And now you have stopped because of what locky said? Either way, pie in the sky.

:spudT:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2009, 10:58:39 PM »
Dash it quick add Locky to that team
We havn't even started the treasure hunt and a fight has broken out (Just call me Stirrer  :Claugh:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2009, 11:05:56 PM »
LOL

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #184 on: February 24, 2009, 11:27:25 PM »
i really like the idea of trasure hunt and was looking to do this in the summer arround hartsholme park in lincoln.

More of an orienteering exercise, clues take you to a site put the picture on your mobile and bring it back to the control point.

With regards to Cb once you start to get 100+ people in a group things start to get difficult.

What areas can you use
issues with Health & Safety
Issues with Insurance
How do you keep everyone involved
What happens if it rains

The list can go on

Without doubts to now do this well takes a lot of organising, I would suggest 100+ bockers at the moat would create some problems for the local authorities upon which they would have to act. The same would be said of most venues including parts of London.

I am afraid you will have to face it that you will need an organising group not juast one person and you will also have to develop a plan for the day. This could then be discussed with local Authorities and possible sponsors (if you want sponsorship)

Either way 1 person ain`t enough
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Jelly

• jagermeister is the bocking medicine
« Reply #185 on: February 25, 2009, 12:21:02 AM »
Treasure hunt is one of the sort of things i was thinking of, in london we quite often get groups of people like the military and companies dropped off without a phone, wallet, map etc etc and with just a bunch of questions and tasks which then they have to answer and complete. Which is really very exciting and fun! Of course we would take the stilts into consideration.
There would be a variation of things for us to do over the suggested 2 days, if people can do so, if not then just the 1 day.
The London Eye is in County hall and County hall owns the surrounding land, they should be fine with us bocking about, last Halloween, we had no problems at all there, as i know most of the security and management. I could get proper permission aswell as giving them risk assessments! London is a big place and there are endless places to see and that we can bock in as long as we get permission from the relevent authorities and owners. The skate park along the Embankment is a great place for us to go to, also if people want to travel there is the sights of Greenwich, cutty sark is good for bocking and as Jason mentioned we could try around the 02 Arena. Of course there is no way i can do this all by myself, im not superwoman and definately not the most organised person around. And these are just some sugesstions. None of the other CB meets have ever been done by one person alone, have they?! Rain has never been a problem at any of the CB meets in the past, so why should it be now! JELLY X

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #186 on: February 25, 2009, 03:33:58 AM »
Now your just being silly .... Naz on stilts
Me on stilts in a meet with u sometime soon.... Probably the same likelihood of that happening as you bouncing around on your fusions or mini fusions :p

But joking aside, jelly if there's anything I can do to help lmk

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #187 on: February 25, 2009, 09:08:52 AM »
some good stuff Jelly

Suggest you keep most of the bocking stuff to as few boroughs as possible which would cut down on the communication needed to gain support and also provide a bigger media impact for the area.

Also agree use known contacts at every opportunity as this helps smooth the way.

Locally approach the Sports Development or Community Cohesion/Development officers at the Council for support. If you outline the plan you will get support I am sure.
Grow old disgracefully

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #188 on: March 02, 2009, 07:04:39 PM »

If you think its gonna be cheap paying for my beer, think again.....

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #189 on: March 02, 2009, 08:19:06 PM »
i think we should do a road trip for cb 2009 over say 5 days just go all over the place in 1 big convy or go somwhere like paris or somewhere more exsotic ?? and i dont mide helping with things aslong as some 1 helps me aswell

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #190 on: March 02, 2009, 09:31:02 PM »
I vote road trip! while playing Ghost busters!
but if we have a roadtrip are we just gonna hotel or camp or caravan or what? cos arraging hotels might be awkward

Love
Mini Ellis xxxxxxxxx

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #191 on: March 02, 2009, 09:43:53 PM »
im still after a date if anything august is getting closer and people are booking holidays :S hope i can get it off work when we agree on a date.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #192 on: March 02, 2009, 09:53:15 PM »

That sounds like a cool idea with the pics actually, i really like it, i think it would be top fun.
And toddy aint that the truth, i want to be in that team  !

i wouldnt back down from you put it that way dk, your size means nothing when your on your arse.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:58:49 PM by Nero »

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Dark Knight

« Reply #193 on: March 02, 2009, 10:31:43 PM »
 :offtopic:   

Now can we get back to the topic please, or CB may never happen !?

Charlie B and Jelly both said at the top of this page ! A Treasure Hunt as being part of CB then it got silly ?

Q had an idea a long those lines last year and here's my topic also along those lines ?

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2880.0

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #194 on: March 02, 2009, 10:57:56 PM »
But I bet you'd run from ET and Q    Nero  :Claugh:

Offline Jelly

• jagermeister is the bocking medicine
« Reply #195 on: March 02, 2009, 11:17:13 PM »
Lol, you can try a bocking road trip but you are going to find it almost impossible to do and arrange, Good luck! As for dates i have booked the 22nd and 23rd of August off for CB. Cant do any other dates as im super busy. jelly x

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #196 on: March 02, 2009, 11:19:16 PM »
omg jelly i so hope i can come but i have a feeling that my mum will say no, cos im off to the racing school on the 24th August :S

Love

Mini Ellis xxxxxx

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #197 on: March 03, 2009, 12:13:32 PM »
is the dates that jelly said the actual dates as im going to be hopefully starting a new job soon and wants to book the time off work for it, somebody said about holding CB 2 weeks maybe more earlier then the previous 2 as it rained at the weather was better 3 weeks before hand

>>> i hope ET's back for CB if he is i will 100% buy you at least one beer ET

I don't think a road trip is very do able if im honest, as not every1 who bocks lives in the same place would be hard to all meet up the same place and then get home would become very expensive as FUN as it would be,

>>> Jelly dont forget were drinkin jagermisters

oh yea just realised if we do CB on the 24th n 25th its my bday on the 24th be an awesome way to spend my birthday not so much bothered about location at the min aslong as its not Norwich but any ideas as to when this will be done

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #198 on: March 03, 2009, 01:36:46 PM »
The plan was for it to be the 3rd weekend in August always which would make it August 15/16...but Ihave no idea where this comes from lol

Dark Knight

« Reply #199 on: March 03, 2009, 01:50:01 PM »
The plan was for it to be the 3rd weekend in August always which would make it August 15/16...but Ihave no idea where this comes from lol
ET ?