Author Topic: The Big Summer meet, "Capital Bocking" Sun 19th Aug, London  (Read 150310 times)

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
Re: The Big Summer meet, "Capital Bocking" Sun 19th Aug, London
« Reply #300 on: August 14, 2007, 09:37:51 PM »
dagnammit....  :D

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #301 on: August 14, 2007, 09:39:21 PM »
prob means get nekkid ---well fingers crossed ;D

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #302 on: August 14, 2007, 09:41:14 PM »
oooo chafing.... :-\

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #303 on: August 14, 2007, 09:43:30 PM »
1 WORD ..... LUBE

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #304 on: August 14, 2007, 09:44:54 PM »
ok ths is now off topic....please stop

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #305 on: August 14, 2007, 09:45:13 PM »
wouldn't you slip out of your bindings?

[edit]

sorry, we might win the competition tho  ;D

Offline DePaw

« Reply #306 on: August 16, 2007, 03:31:29 PM »
lol. I was in london on my PJ's yesterday, travelled from Euston to Liverpool street in them. Exihting the underground at Liverpool street the police stopped me and made me take them off, carriod them the cest of the way home. And today I spent 4 1/2 hours in them, walking up and now Billericay and Shenfield highstreets in them, went on the train too. The people at the ticket barriers asked why I was paying for tickets when I could just jump over the barriers, lol! Loads of people tasked to me about them today as well, including a newspaper reporter for the local paper, he took my picture, boy am I glad to wore them on my way to get my AS results... My legs are really tired now and walking without feels really strange, but I've walked loads of miles today, dunno how many but I should be able to do Sunday ok. Only thing I hate is stairs, up is hard and down impossible, escalators are ok but yesterday I semi fell over on one, it was funny though. I fell over today too, just randomly tripped and next thing I knew I was flat on the ground, good thing there was a person walking past to help me up, as I don't thing I could have done it with just the lamp post. :P It was a fun day today, can't wait til Sunday...

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #307 on: August 16, 2007, 04:08:55 PM »
Sounds like a great day! Its raining here.... :(

Offline DePaw

« Reply #308 on: August 16, 2007, 04:19:44 PM »
Yeah it was fun, except for falling over and that it did also rain a bit on my way home but only lightly and I liked it as i was hot from bocking all day and cooled me down nicely. Also I learnt that the slope on my drive is steeper than I can handle so when coming home I half stumbled and prolly would've fallen over if I hadn't banged into the door, lol. My legs felt really weird afterwacds too, too light and the ground felt too hard even though it was carpet. I love the different reactions off people they're either 'wtf?!', 'wow it's cool', or think I'm mad. I've gotten used to ducking for doors, and love looking down at people, like my 6ft brother-in-law, I patted him on the head today saying 'sorry, it had to be done', he laughed and agreed. Everything looks different when you're nearly 7ft tall (yeah, I'm really short not ever being 7ft on my PJ's).

Also I'm going on this youth camp thing in a week and a bit, and there's a talent show. Been thikning for ages on what I could do, really want to show off my PJ's then. So want to learn high jumping this Sunday and running and stuff to try and win the talent show, it'll be so awesome!!

I need to make and print off some PJ info cards to give to people when they ask about them, save me saying the same thing all day. People looked scared when I say 'you can run 25 mph and jump 6ft in them', until I hastily add 'with practice'. :P

Dark Knight

« Reply #309 on: August 16, 2007, 06:25:32 PM »
My legs felt really weird afterwacds too, too light and the ground felt too hard even though it was carpet.

I bet a lot of people will feel like that sunday going home ( when ever that is  :-\ ).  :o
I can put my little pair on, you'll just have to tie a big sponges to your feet  ;D
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=198

Dark Knight

« Reply #310 on: August 16, 2007, 06:29:21 PM »
Right it all start about 11ish but what time will it finish  ???
Some poeple have trains/buses or cars parked and don't want to get my times mucked up !?

Offline DePaw

« Reply #311 on: August 16, 2007, 06:57:34 PM »
lol. The last trains are about 11pm, hopefully we won't be out that long though... But I think it finishes when everyone's gone home, and if there's a croud at the end people may stay to do tricks and stuff for ages... :P

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #312 on: August 16, 2007, 07:13:52 PM »
I suspect the end will be a bit more messy. I know Emil has a flight back to Sweden from heathrow at 1810 so he will be leaving pretty sharpish ( yes he is flying in just for the day!) earlier.

My train ticket ( as is tundraH's) is for 1830. But Im hoping to wonder off for a small sweet sherry ( or 7). Factoring lunch and bouncing around. Not wanting to pre-empt ET. But 'officially' over by 4ish ( 5 hours seems long enuff). But may well spill over a lil longer   but with a pint of lager for the grown ups. Peeps will be too tired for anymore than a couple.

All times reliant on weather btw ???

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #313 on: August 16, 2007, 07:14:29 PM »

I need to make and print off some PJ info cards to give to people when they ask about them, save me saying the same thing all day.

Please no brand advertising, this event is non commercial. No info with regards to specific brands or prices of stilts. The Metropolitan Police have said its OK for the meet as long as it was not a commercial venture. All it really needs to have is web addy's for this and the other forum. People can then do their own research.

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #314 on: August 16, 2007, 07:17:40 PM »
I suspect the end will be a bit more messy. I know Emil has a flight back to Sweden from heathrow at 1810 so he will be leaving pretty sharpish ( yes he is flying in just for the day!) earlier.

My train ticket ( as is tundraH's) is for 1830. But Im hoping to wonder off for a small sweet sherry ( or 7). Factoring lunch and bouncing around. Not wanting to pre-empt ET. But 'officially' over by 4ish ( 5 hours seems long enuff). But may well spill over a lil longer   but with a pint of lager for the grown ups. Peeps will be too tired for anymore than a couple.

All times reliant on weather btw ???

Yeah I think that sounds about right,by that time everyone will be getting very tired. but I thought you might stay for a few more Q!!!! Its Soho Pride!!!!! Totty central.... ;D

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #315 on: August 16, 2007, 07:23:33 PM »
yep I do agree. But Colin named the times.I do have to be up at 0300 on monday for work ad colin said it costs £5 to change train times ( so i thought sod it get a 4 pack for train home). But aim to bock along there for a pint.

OO btw we only clash by chance  soho pride normally in july only changed cos sewage work ment most of the street was dug up in a stinky kinda way.

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #316 on: August 16, 2007, 07:25:28 PM »
for those that hadn't already guessed, we are going to go for gay drinks after bocking ;D

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #317 on: August 16, 2007, 07:28:07 PM »
it was  all sprogs idea

Offline tundraH

• I'm just me and you aren't. :-P
« Reply #318 on: August 16, 2007, 07:49:13 PM »
Damn it, why did they have to make the times fixed on the tickets.  I would have been up for gay drinks. :(
Fighting for peace is like f*#king for virginity

Sig designed by Sprog

Jason injures himself so I don't have to be injured.

Proud member of the "The Banned Bockers"

"If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #319 on: August 16, 2007, 07:52:46 PM »
Damn it, why did they have to make the times fixed on the tickets.  I would have been up for gay drinks. :(

it only costs a fiver to change ;D...DO IT!!!!!

Offline DePaw

« Reply #320 on: August 16, 2007, 08:08:35 PM »
lol. Dammit! I'm only 17! But I look older... might get away with it but I won't want to get you guys in trouble for boing with you, unless some-one was to buy my drinks, lol. No wait, that's technically illegal too. Dammit! I hate being young, if only PJ's could fix that and not just height!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #321 on: August 16, 2007, 08:11:01 PM »
DP  its a street party. There will b no probs if you wanna bock along ;D

Offline DePaw

« Reply #322 on: August 16, 2007, 08:12:26 PM »
lol. But I want to get drunk too!

*ahem* 'Don't drink and bock' lol.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #323 on: August 16, 2007, 08:21:12 PM »
ive bocked 1 mile home on 4pints as i remember  and i may have 4gotten about 6 pints.
The roads are just closed to traffic. I tell you u will be seriously knackered. It will be very busy you will be with friends. I cant, in on an open forum, put your chances of getting a beer higher than that. That OK ;D

I should point out  that it was only by chance soho pride was noticed , also that it is not normally this weekend ( I gather its normally in July  but the roads were being dug up 4 drains work). Only then did a few peeps think 'OOOO lots bock over 4 a sweet sherry or 7', or just  lets exploit the pink pound un try un get some flash rich city quers to invest ;D

But should be a lively fun hour or so :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 08:26:05 PM by Bbmthbloke »

Offline DePaw

« Reply #324 on: August 16, 2007, 08:50:26 PM »
WOOT!